We want our elders, seniors, happy and happy… the more we are them we have fewer problems. Many of them feel especially decayed arriving sunset, grumpy it or depressing is… This often so called, the syndrome of the sunset that together with senile dementia and Alzheimer’s, can suppose a great headache for head and emotions. Elder care, even when the loved one is still living self-sufficiently, requires some origination and motivation.
Here I bring you 12 small tips to help you achieve the older person who is in your care feel better. I hope some of the tips you serve..
• It seeks that the older person has at least one bit of daily physical activity. If it has nothing to do at home, motivate you to perform a bit of daily exercise (just a little). Physical effort must carried out during the day, so that will stimulate and release endorphins, as well as the circulation of the blood. This will help arriving overnight, you can relax better and the body gets use to rest and recuperate for the next day..
• Make sure that in the evening lights are on and that there is good lighting in places that the old man passes, especially during the day. If care to the elderly person the cost of light, give her some led bulbs and tell him that lit throughout the afternoon they spend less than the others tell for several days. Proper light will affect your mood, it is worthwhile to make sure that you have a light cheering him, not that depress you..
• Also, that the temperature is adequate. If possible, not lower than 18 ° C or rise of 24. It is not bad heat the bedroom a little before its time to sleep. Many experts recommend 21 C (70F) in the bedroom, and 18 c (65F) in the rest of the House..
• It seeks to have the old motivated daily task. A person, including an elderly woman, if you feel committed will have extra motivation to live. Looking for a project that can perform every day, this will help your brain, keeping it active..
• Try to have at least one quarter of the House that is welcoming, warm lighting, and an inspiring music (perhaps classical or relaxation). A place of rest to be able to go to relax when needed..
• If the older person begins to get lost in time, try to help you reorient themselves without you feel humiliated. The routines are your allies, seeks to have them. When a routine formed hours, seem more familiar and helps to orient themselves. It may be necessary to every morning you to tell you the time and date. The hours of eating, reading, or done daily, comes well make them always at the same time. Perform the tasks in hours is normal to them, makes them feel more comfortable and less lost..
• NAPs, although several, that are not more than 20 minutes at a time. If you allow it to sleep longer during the day, be upsets them heart rate so just having trouble sleeping at night. Although mind know it, the body does not differentiate, and feel lucid during the night..
• Pay attention to food. Ten hours for meals and pays attention to the schedule of taking medications. Routines always help. It is necessary to eat, and physical activity will help to create appetite, muscle strength and reduce stress..
• If you feel frustrated and angry, try to take your hand, which you feel close. Maybe that a small massage also come you good to relax..
• Try to spend time speaking. Talk will help you have the mind awake and active, much to improve their quality of life. If you visit, try to talk to the older person, not watching TV. Older people have much lived and much to tell… and comment! Do you feel comfortable with you, and allow you to talk about everything you need, even if they are always the same things, the same stories, or the same complaints..
• Try to spend a time of activities each afternoon. It may be to look at pictures, talk about their memories, knitting a scarf, and watch any movie, listen to music or even talking on the phone with their loved ones. Maybe that you can perform these different activities to form of routine for each day of the week..
• Speak to the doctor, who tell you what medications can help fight senile dementia, depression, or syndrome sunset.
Whatever happenings you and your loved one adopt on, try to keep to a regular program. Do not let your senior slip into depression and exhaustion. Elder care is also consists of keeping the elderly alert and engage.